Retail Sales Associate – Wausau Location
You can apply on indeed.com. HERE
Sprinter IT – a local computer and cell phone repair company – is seeking a motivated, dedicated service oriented rock star to join our team as a Retail Sales Associate. Sprinter offers a dynamic, unique, fun, diverse work experience with ample opportunities for advancement within the company. If you’re looking for a fresh new work experience, consider Sprinter IT!
– Product and Service Sales.
We are a business. We help our customers, and our customers give us money. You will be right in the middle of that equation, making sure all parts of the process flow as smoothly as possible. When people bring in their broken devices, you will help guide them to the best service for their particular predicament (say that five times fast). We also have an assortment of accessories that we like to offer to our customers, such as phone cases, screen protectors, and chargers. Although these things do sell themselves, it never hurts to have a little help from you.
– Customer Service and Support.
In this position, you will often be on the front lines dealing directly with our customers. When a customer breaks their cell phone or computer, they will often treat it like their world has come to an end. The good news is, that we exist to help in exactly those kinds of situations. This may be anything from answering questions about cost and time of repair, to more complex situations where you will try to decipher what problems the customer is encountering. Depending on your skill level, you will be handling basic troubleshooting and triage (have you tried turning it off and turning it back on?). You will also be collecting customer information during device check-in, calling customers when their repairs are complete, answering most incoming phone calls, looking at pictures of babies, and more. Being a “people person” is a big plus here, so bring your smile. From start to finish you will be tasked with making sure the customer has the best possible experience.
– Assisting with Store Upkeep.
A clean shop is a happy shop, and we like having a happy shop. Whether it is sweeping the floors, taking out the trash, or wiping the fingerprints off of our pre-owned phones, or battling our perpetual enemies the clutter gremlins, our entire team is tasked with tidying up on a daily basis. (Fair warning, as the rookie you will spend a significant amount of time cleaning until you get up to speed on other tasks. Or until we hire on a lower ranking rookie, then you can join the veterans in passing the grunt tasks on down to the noob.)
– This is a part time job with the potential to grow into something more, if desired. Expect 20-30 hours a week, with weekend availability a necessity (currently this means Saturdays).
– At Sprinter, we spend every day fixing problems that people have with their computers and cell phones. We make people’s bad days good again. Coming in to work with a positive attitude is a must!
– The technology industry moves quickly and changes often. We are all learning, growing, and improving every day. All of our team members need to be able to receive coaching in order to do their jobs to their fullest ability.
– Punctuality is key to being a successful employee. There’s always a lot of work to do, so being on time is the best first step to being successful at Sprinter.
– At Sprinter, a big part of the job is to translate technology terms into terms that people can understand. Phones and computers have complicated issues, and it’s your job to be able to explain them so that our customers can easily understand what’s going on with their device.
– When working for a small business, there’s always multiple things that need to get done at the same time. An ability to multitask will help you be more successful.
– The tech world moves quickly, and there’s always a lot to learn. The way things are done today won’t always be the way things are done tomorrow or next week. A sense of flexibility, and a desire to learn new things, will help you succeed at this job.
– At Sprinter, we’re not a big faceless corporation, or a company run by bigwigs in another city. We’re a focused, motivated group of people who believe that we can make a difference in people’s lives. We’re not just looking for another employee or someone to punch a time clock. We’re looking for a new team member who enjoys what we do and how we do it just as much as we do.
Starting pay for a qualified candidate will be $9.50 an hour, with a guaranteed raise to $10.00 an hour after the first 90 days. A highly qualified candidate may be entitled to a higher rate of pay.
How to Apply
Please email us your resume with full contact information. If you don’t have a resume, don’t sweat it. Still email us, and describe yourself the best you can. Remember that first impressions matter, so give it your best shot.
If interested, please e-mail a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org